Easter is a great opportunity for quality family time, a chance to relax and most importantly one of the biggest feast days of the year. It’s no surprise that the holiday with a tradition of giving chocolate eggs to others is seen as a day of great indulgence by many.
This can be stressful if you’re trying to ‘be good’ or find it hard to know your limits when it comes to delicious chocolate. So how can you get through this time without overindulging in chocolate eggs and other not so great food?
Have a look at these recipes I found on delish.com that are lower in calories but equally as good when it comes to taste and flavour
- 4 bananas
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 1 c. melted chocolate
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. rainbow nonpareil sprinkles
- Whipped cream, for serving
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the ends off of each banana to level the sides, then cut in half. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana piece and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Dip the top of each frozen banana in chocolate, then roll the melted chocolate tip around in sprinkles. Return to baking sheet and freeze until the chocolate is firm, about 15 minutes.
- Top each pop with whipped cream and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling)
- 4 graham crackers, crushed (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 c. mini marshmallows (plus more for sprinkling)
- Slice bananas into thin coins. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen.
- Blend bananas in a food processor (or a blender) until smooth. Fold in crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips, then transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Garnish with more graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips, and freeze until solid, about 1-2 hours more.
Zucchini chocolate chip cookies
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. shredded zuccini
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, yogurt and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. Fold in oats, chocolate chips and zucchini. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.